It’s no secret that a college education is an expensive proposition. As recent college students ourselves, we know all too well the economic burden that so many people endure if they want to further their education. From tuition to room and board and all of the incidentals, including supplies, transportation (and hopefully a vibrant social life – which truly is an integral part of the college experience,) the cost of college is downright astronomical.
While it certainly would be lovely to have the money to pay for college up-front, for so many people, this just isn’t a reality. Sure, you can take out loans; but who wants to get stuck with paying back an exorbitant amount of money with high interest rates, which can be difficult to start paying back when you’re fresh out of school and are still trying to land a job (and can still remain difficult long after you do find a job and establish your career)?
So, what can you do if you want to go to college but don’t have the money to pay for it? – Scholarships are a great option! They provide you with an amount of money that can be applied to your college expenses.
If you’re looking for scholarships for college, you have come to the right place! Here at Claim Social Authority, we are well-versed in the expenses that are associated with a college education, which is why we have decided to offer scholarships to qualified applicants!
Details of the Claim Social Authority Scholarship
So, what are the details of the Claim Social Authority Scholarship? Here’s a brief look:
- You’ll receive $500 toward your college expenses (which is pretty sweet, if we do say so ourselves)
- The deadline to submit an application is January 2, 2018
- The scholarship will be awarded on January 31, 2018
- Any and all college students who are enrolled either full- or part-time in the 2017 – 2018 school year are eligible to apply
Eligibility Requirements for the Claim Social Authority Scholarship
While we would love to give a college scholarship to every single person who is interested, the fact of the matter is that we simply can’t. You do have to be eligible to apply, but fortunately, the eligibility requirements are pretty straightforward and simple.
In order to be eligible for our scholarship, you must be enrolled either full- or part-time at an accredited college or university during the 2017 – 2018 school year. The deadline for application, as stated above, is January 1, 2018. The winner we select will be notified before the scholarship is awarded and will be asked to supply proof of enrollment. If the selected winner cannot or does not provide proof of enrollment prior to the date the scholarship will be awarded (January 31, 2018,) we will select a runner-up.
Any and all students are encouraged to apply, no matter what their major or focus area of study is.
There is an Essay Requirement
In order to be considered as a winner for the Claim Social Media scholarship, an essay is part of the requirement for application. The topic for the essay is as follows:
- Why Social Media Matters: In this essay, you can discuss anything that relates to social media and why it is important. For example, you can discuss why social media matters to you, how it has benefited your life, how it helps businesses, how it connects people – or anything else that relates to social media. We urge you to take the prompt and go with it! Essays that are insightful and engaging will really catch our attention.
All essays must be a minimum of 300 words. Additionally, the must be completely original and must not have been published in any publication or form (including magazines, the Internet, etc.) The winning essay will be based on the originality of the top, as well as the overall quality of the writing.
The winner that we select for this scholarship will be notified via email.
Important Terms and Conditions to Keep in Mind
We want to make sure that you are fully aware of the Terms and Conditions that are associated with the Claim Social Authority College Scholarship. These Terms and Conditions are as follows:
- By applying for our scholarship, you fully understand that Claims Social Authority reserves the right to edit your essay we see fit, as well as publish your work.
- The ownership of the essay that you submit will be retained by you, the author.
- You must be enrolled as either a full- or part-time student at an accredited college or university for the 2017 – 2018 school year.
- If you are selected as the winner, you must be able to provide proof of enrollment.
To apply for our scholarship, simply fill out the form below and submit your essay via the submission form below. We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best of luck!